29.8.10

reliving korea.

the sweltering heat

My summer at Seoul, South Korea was a great experience. After not seeing my family in Korea for 7 years, my parents and I both decided that it was time to visit them... by myself. During the long flight to Korea, I was able to finish reading eclipse by stephen meyer, after it was on hold for 2 years in my *books to read list. Once I stepped out from the plane, I was able to immediately notice the cultural difference between America and Korea. Walking around in the big airport, I was exhilarated and yet exhausted at the same time. After walking and waiting in line to get through the immigration gate, I was able to see the bright smile of my grandmother and the rest is history. Tight streets, heavy traffic, humidity, amazing foods, kimchi, cute stores, antique shops, shopping galore, subways, trains, ancient artifacts, cute cafes, the heat, rain, mountains, trees, GREEN, GREEN, AND MORE GREEN. It was a delightful experience meeting with my family and being able to venture around in Korea as a young adult and not as a little kid. If I were to go again, I would definitely bring my friends with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment